Fostering Terms and Conditions
Fostering Requirements (Read before applying)
- To foster one of our dogs you must be 21 or older and live in the Hull and East Riding area.
- Maintain a secure garden with a 6ft fence and padlocked gate, if your garden is not secure with a 6ft fence please do not submit an application form as you will not be able to foster.
- Homecheck is required - this checks for the safety and security of the dog once it is in your home.
- Any other family members, and dogs you own must come along for an introduction to make sure they all get along.
- If you have an existing dog it must be neutered.
- Everyone in the home must be in agreement about fostering a dog.
- You must be willing to provide your foster dog with the level of exercise and stimulation it requires everyday.
- Foster carers must be willing to give the dog reasonable time to settle in and adjust to their new life and commit to the length of time any treatment may be required. This can be around a month to 6 months, sometimes longer.
- If you are unable to keep the dog it must be returned to us. However, this is not a get out clause. Foster carers must be willing to work through situations to try and keep the dog.
- The dog must not be left alone in the home for longer than 5 hours or overnight, other arrangements must be made. We can provide day-care and we can also recommend some excellent dog walkers and pet sitters if required.
- All of our dogs are thoroughly assessed to determine the kind of home they need. Due to the lack of history for Romanian rescue dogs, we are unable to re-home with children under 10 years of age.
- You must be able to commit to the full term required for the dog to undergo treatment. You need to have thought about how having a dog will change your lifestyle. Your dog will affect holidays, days out, social plans and much much more. You must be willing to make this commitment.
- All costs with the exception of food, treats and toys will be met by Oakwood Dog Rescue.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS THEN PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION TO US! THESE ARE NON NEGOTIABLE TERMS.