Fostering Terms and Conditions
Please read before applying. If you do not agree to the terms below then please do not submit an application to us.
To offer a general foster home to one of our dogs you must -
- be 21 or older
- maintain a secure garden with a fence or wall and padlocked gate (height of fence or wall dependant on size of dog and at the discretion of IDR)
- have no more than one dog already which must be neutered and not have any behavioural problems
- have a cat free home or be able to keep any cats separated from your foster dog if required
- not have young children (under 10) living at the property or visiting for long periods
- have a Homecheck - this checks for the safety and security of the dog once it is in your home
- make sure everyone in the home agrees to foster a dog
- return the dog to us if things don't work out (this is not a get out clause as it is not good for the dog to return to a shelter situation and it is unlikely that there will be room available)
- not leave the dog alone in the home for longer than 5 hours or overnight, other arrangements must be made.
You must also be willing to -
- take a dog into your home with no introductions as they will be handed over direct to you on arrival in the UK
- provide your foster dog with the level of exercise and stimulation it requires everyday
- Keep the dog on a suitable lead or harness or combination as advised by IDR
- give the dog reasonable time to settle in and adjust to their new life
- work through any issues that arise
- commit, as having a dog will change your lifestyle - holidays, days out, social plans and much much more
- cover all expenses with the exception of vets bills unless they arise due to the negligence of the person fostering or their family.
Medical fosters - all of the general foster terms and
- live close to Hull or be willing to transport your foster dog to medical appointments.
- Administer medication if required
- Undertake any advised treatment as advised by IDR
Post traumatic fosters - all of the general foster terms and
- No other pets
- No children
If you are still interested and feel you can meet all of the above criteria then please have a look at our available dogs and complete an application form.