Fostering Terms and Conditions
Please read before applying. If you do not agree to the terms below then please do not submit an application to us.
To offer a general foster home to one of our dogs you must -
- be 21 or older
- maintain a secure garden with a fence or wall and padlocked gate (height of fence or wall dependant on size of dog and at the discretion of IDR)
- have no more than one dog already which must be opposite gender to the dog being fostered to adopt and be neutered and not have any behavioural problems
- have a cat free home
- not have children (under 16) living at the property or visiting for long periods
- have a Homecheck - this checks for the safety and security of the dog once it is in your home
- make sure everyone in the home agrees to foster a dog
- return the dog to us if things don't work out (this is not a get out clause as it is not good for the dog to return to a shelter situation and it is unlikely that there will be room available)
- not leave the dog alone in the home for longer than 5 hours or overnight, other arrangements must be made.
You must also be willing to -
- take a dog into your home with no introductions as they will be handed over direct to you on arrival in the UK
- provide your foster dog with the level of exercise and stimulation it requires everyday
- Keep the dog on a suitable lead or harness or combination as advised by IDR
- give the dog reasonable time to settle in and adjust to their new life
- work through any issues that arise
- commit, as having a dog will change your lifestyle - holidays, days out, social plans and much much more
- cover all expenses with the exception of vets bills unless they arise due to the negligence of the person fostering or their family.
If you are still interested and feel you can meet all of the above criteria then please have a look at our available dogs and complete an application form.